Wednesday 13 March 2013

Fallen from Grace


In the midst of a storm,
my feet are still
each breath choked,
my voice is mute..

I fight to live,
defeated by self..
I am the mirror and it's drugged reflection.
I've fallen from grace.

How do I hide my tainted self?
How do I find my way back home?
I've fallen.

Like white noise,
it echoes inside..
Like the devil,
it snakes inside..

As I try to piece my shattered soul.

I am modesty, it is my veil..
We are tainted ; we are torn.

From untouched modesty of an untouched self...
I've fallen
How do I look them in the eye?
How do I find my way back home?
How do I hide my tainted self?

I've ended. I've ceased.
I'm black. I'm white.
I'm the sand in a rainless cloud.
The black of the night.
The flicker of the flame.
I'm a dream.

An apparition.
My own shadow I fear.
Like a damp twig, i burn, i sear.


I am illusion. I am shade.
I am flesh. I am soul.
I am still. I am mute. 
I am resolved.

No comments: